THIS IS SOOOO GOOD!
I couldn’t wait one more day to share this recipe with you.
Last Friday I had a hankerin’ for some lemon something.
I knew that Gwen had a Lemon Poppyseed MIM out there, but I didn’t have poppyseed. I also didn’t have almond flour and I really felt like coconut.
So I made this.
My family L.O.V.E.D. IT!
They haven’t been big fans of the Cake In a Mug or Muffin in a Mug recipes that I have tried with them.
BUT this! Another story…
I have to eat it in the bathroom, door locked, just so I can eat in peace! It’s like having little vultures pecking at me for a bite! lol!
It’s THAT good!
Now for the recipe…
FYI ~ This is my own unique creation… I did NOT go online to look for a recipe, nor have I seen one out there like this that I remember. Forgive me if it is similar, but from my heart, it is my own! However it was inspired by Gwen’s idea of lemon in her MIM and the original Cake-in-a-Mug from Trim Healthy Mama on page 379-381.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs butter (dairy free, use coconut oil)
- 3 tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 heaping tbs coconut flour (use less for more moist cake)
- 8 drops of NOW liquid stevia
- 1/8 tsp Lemon Flavor from Frontier
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- a small pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8-1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large mug, mix all of the ingredients very well with a fork.
- Place in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove or eat in the mug. It cools best if you remove it!
For individual servings baked; bake at 350 degrees for about 10 mintues.
You can also double, quadruple, etc. for your family and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes if using a muffin pan.
I have eaten this 3 times in 4 days. It is great by itself. Definitely kicked up a notch by adding some softened cream cheese and my Stove-top Chia Berry Preserves in the above pic.
Play with it and enjoy!
Want to see what Trim Healthy food looks like?? Visit the Trim Healthy Mama’s Pinterest Board and get your mouth watering! You will also find great blog’s that dedicate their time to Trim Healthy Mama on the THM Blog’s Board